Back to Articles
Like any other thing, all glasses require care. How to properly wipe glasses and what care rules will help prolong their "life" we will learn in this article. Daily clean glasses and you will keep them looking great and avoid scratched lenses. But do not rush, you need to clean them properly.
The cleaning process:
- As a rule, specialized wet wipes and sprays are used to clean eyeglasses with glass lenses. Most of them contain alcohol solutions that not only make it easy to cope with fats/dirt without leaving streaks but also have an antibacterial effect.
- At the same time, it is better to use only microfiber cloths for plastic lenses. But this is in the wiping case, which is not always able to eliminate all contamination.
- For washing all types of lenses, it is better to use special liquids from optics salons, which, due to their properties, will help to cope even with serious pollution without harming the lens surface. At the same time, you need to follow the recommendations of specialists from the optics salon.
- Can I wash my glasses with soap? Yes, in extreme cases, you can do it with soapy water/dishwashing detergent/shower gel. You need to apply a few drops to each lens, foam, wipe vertically / horizontally (not in circular movements!), and then rinse with warm water. Can I wash my glasses underwater? Yes, otherwise the applied products cannot be removed from the lens surface. But at the same time, you need to make sure that the water is exactly warm – not boiling water and not cold!
- To avoid stains on the eyeglass lenses, without waiting for natural drying, wipe dry with the same special microfiber cloth.
- Can I wipe glasses with alcohol? Glass lenses can be wiped with alcohol or a self-prepared water-alcohol solution if you can not buy specialized care products. This is not recommended but allowed.
- But if we are talking about wiping plastic lenses with alcohol, then this is strictly prohibited! Neither alcohol, vinegar, ammonia, nor any alkaline/acidic solutions can be used to clean polycarbonate lenses, as well as glass ones with additional coatings. Such actions damage the structure of plastic /coatings, reduce the quality of the eyeglass lenses and rapidly shorten their service life.
- A toothbrush with the softest bristles will help to clean the dirt along the edge of the frame.
Additional tips on how to care for glasses
- To prevent contamination and scratches, store the glasses in a case. By buying our sunglasses you will be provided with an instruction manual, a polarized light test card, a cloth, and a bag for eyewear. So you will always keep your eyewear safe.
- Do not put the glasses on the table or any other surface with the lenses facing down – this will lead to scratches.
- Do not use glasses as a hair hoop – this not only pollutes the lenses but can also deform the shackles.
- If you can not avoid scratches, contact a specialist about the possibility of polishing lenses, and do not try to do it at home using improvised tools and tips from the Internet.
Now you know how to extend the life of your eyewear with these 8 simple ways. And if you're looking for sunglasses right now, then you're in the right place. Because we provide customers with a wide range of sunglasses at the best prices, offers and with a lifetime warranty.